Schedule management – pen and paper still rules

Advertisement

japan.internet.com recently published the results of a survey conducted at the start of November by goo Research into the use of scheduling tools. 1,089 people from their monitor group, 43.2% male, successfully completed a private internet-based questionnaire. 21.2% of the survey group was in their twenties, 44.4% in their thirties, 24.4% in their forties, and 10.0% in their fifties.

We have groupware at work which has quite a nice reminder feature, but the rest of the time perhaps 10% of my private schedule is recorded in my mobile phone, with the other 90% delegated to my wife! She uses both a tabletop calendar (this year is a free Hello Kitty one we got as a present from a print shop when we ordered death in the family postcards; a rather incongruous gift, I thought) and her mobile phone for that.
Read the rest of this entry »

Read more on: ,

Comments

Groupware and schedule management

japan.internet.com, in conjuction with JR Tokai Express Research, looked at how businesspeople manage their schedules. They interviewed 332 people employed by private enterprises by means of a private internet-based questionnaire. 82.8% of the sample were male, 12.3% were in their twenties, 36.1% in their thirties, 34.0% in their forties, 15.7% in their fifties, and 1.8% in their sixties.
Read the rest of this entry »

Read more on: ,

Comments