Smartphone map and schedule usage

Advertisement

Which iPhone map app do you use the most? graph of japanese statisticsMobile Marketing Data Laboratories recently conducted a pair of parallel surveys into smartphone map app usage and smartphone schedule app usage.

Demographics

Both surveys were conducted between the 18th and 21st of December 2013. The map survey had 556 respondents, and the schedule one 560. All the respondents were pre-screened as smartphone users, and for the map survey 232 people, or 41.7% were iPhone users, and the remaining 324 people (58.3%) were Android users. No further demographic information was provided.

I don’t use maps on my private phone, and my wife serves as my calendar! She has both a smartphone and a standard feature phone, but she manages her schedule on the feature phone only, mainly because the battery life is better and it can do things like switch itself on when alarms ring.
Read the rest of this entry »

Read more on: ,,,

Comments

Map searches in Japan

Have you ever used map search facilities? graph of japanese statisticsRecently, Marsh Inc performed a survey into online map searching, the results of which were reported by japan.internet.com.

Demographics

Between the 7th and 9th of January 2010 300 members of the Marsh monitor group completed a private internet-based questionnaire. The sample was 50:50 male and female, 1.3% in their teens, 18.7% in their twenties, 20.0% in their thirties, 20.0% in their forties, 20.0% in their fifties, and 20.0% aged sixty or older.

Thinking about it, I don’t usually do map search – for Japanese-language searches, just entering the address into Google usually turns up a direct link to a map site or an official page with an embedded map, and for English-language searches Google usually inlines a map in the main results. The last time I directly searched was when I was going on holiday to Europe and wanted to get driving directions from Google Maps.
Read the rest of this entry »

Read more on: ,,

Comments