I’m back from my enforced holiday!

Hi everyone, my apologies for a second time for the interruption to What Japan Thinks, thanks to a sequence of events that I’ll blog about in detail later.

In the meantime, all comments seem to have evaporated into the ether. I will try tonight to reinstate them, but they may not return…

Hopefully WJT will be self-destruct free for 2009!

Happy New Year and あけましておめでとうございます for the Year of the Ox.

PS: Let me know if you find anything funny, and if one or two of you could try a comment on this thread I would be most grateful!

Read more on:

Custom Search

10 comments »

1. Lee said,
    January 5, 2009 @ 16:45

Glad to see you back Ken.

There are lots of warnings (in relation to your theme by the looks of it) at the bottom of the page though….

2. Ken Y-N said,
    January 5, 2009 @ 17:00

Thanks Lee! Yes, I hope I’ve fixed them all now, though.

3. Lee said,
    January 5, 2009 @ 17:23

Yeah, all back to normal now!

4. Cynthia said,
    January 5, 2009 @ 19:44

Hello there!

What do you mean with:
    “Hopefully WJT will be self-destruct free for 2009!”?

I like a lot WJT and everyday I checked in my reader.
    Cheers from Brazil
    (=^-^=)

5. Jamaipanese said,
    January 5, 2009 @ 23:53

welcome back!

i too have had my troubles with my site over the past few days so I can relate.

6. JB said,
    January 6, 2009 @ 03:11

welcome back!

7. Ken Y-N said,
    January 6, 2009 @ 11:28

Cynthia, since you follow me on a feed reader (thanks for subscribing!) you wouldn’t have seen anything wrong except for no updates over the holidays. The self-destruct was from my host deciding to pull the plug on WJT for dubious reasons; after making that post they pulled the plug one more time, of course! I have now, however, completely separated from my old host, including my domain name registration, so once DNS propogation is complete it’s full steam ahead!

I have a good survey for tonight which includes a number I’ve been looking for, an estimate at the number of vegetarians in Japan.

To everyone else, thank you, and I look forward to your continued patronage of WJT!

8. nikiru said,
    January 6, 2009 @ 12:42

Welcome back Ken and very Happy n prosperous new year to all WJT visitors.
    Ken can post any survey which indicates iPhone penetration in Japan?
    I wonder what could be the share of apple in japanese mobile market

9. JB said,
    January 9, 2009 @ 06:13

hey ken-
    where did the article go about “Pregnancy testing kits cannot be sold on Japanese internet”

it should up in my gmail but it was when your host was playing hardball with you so I never
    saw it. I cant find it now.

10. Ken Y-N said,
    January 9, 2009 @ 07:39

JB, OK, I’ll repost that one tonight!